Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The world is my couch...right?

Date: April 14, 2011
Day of Week: Thursday
Location: Media Center
Countdown: 58

My family keeps telling me to be careful of what I say on this public blog. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. The things I talk about people can relate to. I don't try to give out too much information about myself or anything. Everything I say I'm completely okay with people knowing about. I wouldn't say it if it were any other way. So what if a college sees this blog? I mean, can we really just go through life ignoring the authenticity of it?
This is who I am. This is a part of me. (Not the blog, but the act of expressing my thoughts) Why would you want to think of me as something I'm not? Let me be blunt here.
Teens are curious.
Curious about: sex, drugs, rock and roll, trying new things, activities, fashion, superficial items, beauty, nature, music...everything.
The only difference between teens and kids is that teens are closer to becoming adults and they have more knowledge of life. Including the "bad things" like drugs, sex?, money, drama, drama, DRAMA.
I don't know why so many adults think it's so terrible teens are interested in sex. HEY! EVERYONE! I DON'T KNOW IF YOU TOOK BIOLOGY, BUT IT'S NATURAL!! During the teen years and throughout the 20s our bodies are like dogs in heat. We are animals. We are horny animals. That may seems blunt and crude, but it is true. Yea, sure, we're too young. Too young to do exactly what our body is telling us to do because we made some "sex moral"; you have to be old enough for natural things to occur. I'm not saying I want everyone to just "do the do." I believe, in the beauty of making love, one has to be responsible. In this society we've created we mustn't be having babies everywhere! Which is fine! Yes, I am okay with that! Responsibility to me mostly comes with protection and trust in your partner. For me, sex also comes with love or at least a strong liking. But for others, love is just a "bonus," if you will.

I don't see why it's so wrong to talk about the things I do. I feel like it's so normal!
"It's public. It doesn't need to be public for the world to see."
WHY NOT? Do you really care? Do you really care what I have to say? If you don't want to read it, DON'T READ IT. But don't tell me to not type it. Books are public! People write autobiographies and memoirs ALL THE TIME! I don't see people complaining about those!
There are tons talking about how when they were teens they were addicted to crack and having sexual relations whores, but it's okay because they're an adult now and they've changed.
Well I'm NOT talking about crack OR having sexual relations with whores. I'm talking about the beauties and struggles in life and I'M getting ragged on!
Get outta here, yo!

Okay...I'm getting to ranty/angry, but...just...GAHHHHH!

Maybe I am too comfortable. Maybe I don't know when to stop. Maybe I'm an example of our moral values decaying. I'm sorry.

Or maybe I'm just different from you. I view the world as my comfy couch sometimes. You may view it differently. I accept you and expect nothing from you, but to be you.
So I ask you...can I be me without judgment as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment