Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2011

Darn

I love writing songs. I know I suck at guitar and that's fine...I do it because it's fun. Someone commented on my Channel 4 months ago and I just read the comment today. It said "Really talented,Great songs.Hope you make it in the music industry.You have things to say,and we love what you wrote.Cement walls: very touching.Go out there."

That was the first person anyone has ever actually slightly talked about my lyrics. Is it weird that I don't care that I have a good voice or the melody part that much in a song? I really put a lot of effort in the words and I feel like more and more people just drown out the words of tunes. But I love lyrics. It's poetry! I mean, YES, OF COURSE, I love the whole music part as well, but...people have things to say!

I think that is why I don't really try to memorize songs. I just like listening to them. I guess I feel like I'm being talked to...which is quite handy when I'm alone.

Anyways I feel lame for saying this, but I wish people would comment more on my lyrics...I don't know if they're good or bad or whatever. What good is a voice that doesn't have anything to say?

I don't know. I appreciate and love singing gibberish too, but it's different if you're a singer/SONGWRITER...for me at least.

Darn. I guess it doesn't matter.
I like my words.
But I keep forgetting words are meaningless.
DARN!

Life is hard. Just because of this one argument I am having in my head...I have decided life is hard.

BUT EFFORT! I GET AN A+ FOR EFFORT!

...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment